Sunday, April 18, 2010

Resistence is Futile!

Here's my Sunday morning so far:

"Dani...time to get up (as her alarm is going off)"

"No" (major whining)

"Dani...time to get up and get ready for church!...Now!"

"Noooo"

Five minutes later - "Dani...you made me a promise last night if I let you stay up a little later"

"I did not make a promise...now leave me alone"

"Well then, I guess your trip to California is off"

"Oooook, I'm up (as she is grumbling all the way to the bathroom"

What a wonderful way to start a Sunday.  When Dani was at the State Hospital a couple of years ago now, during one of our counseling sessions, we discussed rules in our house that were not negotable.  And going to church was one of them.  So, if she views me as the "Borg" and that I am trying to assimilate her, then let the games begin!  Happy Sunday everyone! 

Footnote:  As far as the picture of the daisy goes...I just love the flower, it's one of the happiest flowers out there besides the sunflower, which is another one of my favorites.  Just wanted to give this cranky post a cheerful feel!

1 comment:

GB's Mom said...

Daisies are my favorite!