Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A Commercial Break...

For those of you who read my blog's and wonder if this behavior is all normal...I have this to say...Yes!  Just right around when spring starts, and that is usually in March, a child/teen with FASD and who may have also secondary disorders to go along with it like Bipolar/ADHD etc, the behaviors become irratic.  Emotions run high (especially in girls who are maturing) tempers flare easily, you name it it happens.  And along with that it is the wind down of school...so everyone, and I mean everyone is all keyed up.  Which doesn't help the child/teen who is affected by these disorders.  So, if you are one of my readers, please don't turn and run the other way and think that my household is so dysfunctional, what the heck is this mother doing, etc.  I am normal, Dani is normal and this will all pan out real soon.  It always does.  By the time school is out and she can breath without the stress of being around so many kids, the pressures of work, etc...she will be fantastic and I will be able to breath easier.  Just know that my prayers and thoughts are out there with you all and if I could give one piece of advice to any parent who faces these challenges...please take care of yourself emotionally...physically...and spiritually.  Because without God's hand in your life and without the proper care, things are much harder.  Peace be with you all!

1 comment:

GB's Mom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.