Monday, April 12, 2010

I Need A Time-Out...Again!

Whew!!! And I need to take a deep breath.  I don't know what is worse, having a headache that won't go away or dealing with an explosive teen.  After a good weekend...I knew it was too much for her.  We had a major melt-down tonight.  First I caught her in my room...again taking a couple of my rings after telling me to my face that she didn't.  But the worse part is...I was sitting in the livingroom and I heard her talking.  Thought maybe she was talking to herself.  Then I heard her say that she was working a double shift last Thursday and then a triple shift on Friday.  Then and there I felt her reality was a little off base.  So I went by her bedroom door and listened some more...she was talking to one of her friends and she started telling her that this guy she knows comes over after school to watch TV but they never get to the TV part.  Well, I am one of those mom's that has to work away from home so she is by herself for about an hour and a half before I get home.  I walked right into her room, took that phone away and told her she just lost her phone for a very long time.  That phone is for emergencies only.  Then she blew up, she started packing her bags, screaming at me that I don't love her that all I want to do is get rid of her that she hates my f(#)(#*&$ face and she is running away to her sisters in California.  Whoa...time out here.  Let's check reality...something is wrong and in talking with my husband tonight, it's always around this time of the year she looses it.  Stay tuned for more details.  We'll see if we make it through the night before the police are called or I take her up to the hospital.  This is the hardest part of being a parent to a child/teen with any kind of mental illness or emotional illness.

No comments: