Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Wii...That's Fun!

Two years ago, when Danielle was in the State Hospital, she went through extensive testings, neurological, school testings, etc.  What they found out was she has visual spatial disorder.  She doesn't see things like I do or anyone else.  Her counselor at that time suggested a Wii because of the depth perception the games offer.  This would help with her balance and believe it or not, her concentration.  So I bought the new Mario Brothers to go with the Wii and I am amazed at her coordination, her concentration, her focus when play.  It's like she is in a different world and being a different person.  But...just because we have this in our home now, doesn't give her free reign to constantly play.  This is a privledge and she has to earn it by doing her chores, keeping up her room and not fighting with me.  I will keep you posted on how that goes...time will tell!

No comments: