Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Officer Mom!

I'm sitting on my recliner this evening, reading my blogs and Dani gets a phone call on her cell and I can hear the conversation because it's so loud.  Some girl and guy is asking my daughter about "straight shots".  I kept asking her who was it, Dani was getting flustered because she couldn't answer the question or she was embarrased to answer or she actually knew what the answer was but was afraid to answer in front of me. So I took the phone and asked who it was and it was one of her friends from school and her brother.  They wanted to know what a "straight shot" was and they thought Dani knew.  I told them that Dani has no reason to know what that is and I would appreciate them calling and asking these questions. If they have those kinds of questions ask their parents, not my daughter.  After that conversation, my daughter felt more relaxed.  Peer pressure is harder and harder for these kids, unlike it was when I was in school....so many decades ago. We all need to be 'Office Mom" every once in a while for these kids...

1 comment:

Miz Kizzle said...

Were they discussing poor or bartending? Those are the only kinds of "straight shots" that I'm aware of.