Thursday, January 14, 2010

It's The End of the World As We Know It...

Have you ever wondered when the world comes to an end for a teenager?  Not just any teenager but a teenager who battles her own demons of self-esteem, peer pressures, trying to find her own place in this world.  I discovered it tonight!  Take her make-up away!!!  I caughter her in a HUGE lie this evening and she lost some major privledges and you would have thought I had physically hit her.   We were at my daughters house and I told her we were leaving and she said "I'm not going anywhere with you".  "Fine" I said, "walk home".  She took off.  I gave her a few minutes to calm down, got in my car, found her and told her to get in the car. When we got home we had a confrontation...long story short, she told me "go to hell". Lesson one...don't take it personally...lesson two...don't loose my cool...lesson three..."say goodnight Dani before I say something I will regret".  Okay, I made it through this one, no worse for wear but all will be okay with the world tomorrow...I hope!

No comments: