Tuesday, June 1, 2010

This is for you Aaron!





These are just a few pictures I found so far with Aaron, Danielle and family.  I have another box with more pictures in them and it's in storage so I'll find it.  But thought you might like to see these pictures.

So that everyone knows who reads my blog...we talked to Aaron today.  In fact he mainly talked to his little sister Danielle.  I could not believe how wonderful it was talking to him and how much he sounds like Danielle.  I know that these two making that connection has done wonders for both of them. I was also amazed at the memories he still has, he remembered things I had forgotten about, for instance, in his first soccer game, he made a goal, but it went into the wrong goal...but we were still very proud of him.  And the green eggs I made one St. Patrick's Day...he said he can't eat eggs ever since then.  Of course he asked me the questions that are dreaded, like why did we give him up?  Why did I keep Dani and not him, very hard questions that he deserved to have the answers to.

So where do we go from here?  He has our phone number at home, he is allowed to call three times a week and Dani to call him, and we will take it step by step.  God is good, I feel very blessed these two kids were able to reconnect after 12 years.

1 comment:

GB's Mom said...

How great for then both that they have that connection back again! The why is a very hard question to answer. Prayers and hugs.