Wednesday, February 24, 2010

My Angel!

This is my Dani.  I am so proud of her.  She is taking a choir class at school and tonight she had to perform a solo for a grade.  She had to memorize the whole song, dress professionally and she did a marvelous job.  She had so much confidence, even though she couldn't hit some of the notes, she didn't faulter at all.  Then on top of that she has this new hair do...I just think she is gorgeous but then I think I am biased.  I look at her and ask myself  "is this the face of FASD"?  And I have to say "no"!  It's what is in side her brain that makes up the FASD.  3/4 of the time we don't recognize a child with FASD, they look as normal and healthy as the next child.  But when we step back and watch...the signs and symptoms are all there.  But we as parents, regardless of the hard times, the lying, stealing, loss of memory, learning disabilities, our own child's quirks, we still love them.  They are ours, and they are all angels!  God love them!

No comments: