Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Encouragement from a Sister...

I sat down tonight, after a long hard day at work, and started going through my pictures on my computer...to update my ipod and came across this picture.  This was taken back in 2002, just when my husband and I got married and I had my daughters living with us.  In this picture it is a young Danielle and her sister Ashley.  Now Ashley is my second daughter who lives in California now (bummer).  But it seems that out of all my daughters (and this doesn't make my other two daughters any less helping hands with Dani) Ashley knows how to communicate with Dani and she understands her.  When Ashley was a little girl, she was the one daughter who carried around with her bags of her toys, dolls, clothes, etc saying she was going to be a mommy when she grew up.  As she grew she discovered she has a natural touch with kids.  Which I believe has helped her along the way to understand Dani.  There are so many times that I have been frustrated and I would call Ashley and she would get on the phone with Dani and get inside her head, which I couldn't, and Ashley would be the one to interpret for me.  But this picture is just one of the many times that she would take time out to help out Dani.

1 comment:

GB's Mom said...

What lovely sisters!