Monday, December 7, 2009

A 15 Year Old's Birthday...

Today is my Danielle's 15th Birthday.  Where has the time gone?  We have been through so much in her 15 years...but it has all been worth it.  To see where she is today.  Just a couple of weeks ago she started full time at her junior high.  No more transitional school.  She is only in two main stream classes, science and choir.  But her science teacher happens to be her resource reading teacher.  In choir are a lot of her friends.  She is so excited because on the 17th of December is her first choir performance.  First time ever performing with a group.  I am excited for her.  She is on the honor roll, and her new progress report just came home a couple of days ago and so far A's.  Right now, things are going good, but there are always going to be hick-ups and bumps, it's just the nature of the beast.  The beast being FASD.  Some days the beast is easily slain, some days it takes longer and I find I have to have a special plan.

But for now I will just tuck that plan in my pocket and enjoy each moment that comes.  She's 15 and that won't last too long. 

No comments: