Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving...What I am Thankful For!



This holiday season finds me checking my list of what I am really thankful for.  First and foremost is having a physically healthy daughter...Danielle.  We may have challenges and disabilities, but she is healthy. Then the love I have for my husband and the love he has for us and how hard he works for his family.  Then my extended family, my daughters, their husbands, one of my daughter's fiance and my granddaughters. Then most of all is the love I have for my Savior and my big brother Jesus Christ and for His atoning sacrafice for me.  I know that He and my Heavenly Father loves me and knows me personally.  I know He doesn't give me any challenges I can't handle.



Part of our Thanksgiving tradition is to put up our Christmas tree and decorate it.  Along with having a simple dinner Thanksgiving night.  But this year was a little different.  First my wonderful husband bought me a new tree, one that already has the lights on it.  Our last tree was too difficult for me to put together and decorate. But the tree went up and Danielle and I decorated it. Then family came over for a wonderful Turkey dinner.  Brenna, Jason and my granddaughters came over and we played games. A wonderful time. Looking forward to the Christmas season.

1 comment:

3D Learner said...

Learning disabilities, ADHD, Bipolar and more make life a lot more challenging -- if your child learns best when she sees and experiences information -- that makes it even more important to teacher her the way she learns best -- check out www.3dlearner.com/make-the-difference-parents and if it resonates give us a call