Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Spiritual Experiences!

In this land of the free, my family practices the religion of "Latter Day Saint" (Mormon) and tonight was our youth night, which we call Mutual. This is for girls ages 12-18. Tonight we all met in a loft over one of our friends garage to have a 24hr Read-A-Thon of the Book of Mormon. My little hyperative 14 year old daughter went prepared with a pillow, blanket and her scriptures. She is not the best reader or the best comprehender but I give her "A" for effort for trying and coming to that activity prepared and ready for a spiritual experience. I wish I could have stayed the night with her but I have to get up for work in the morning. But watching her try her hardest, she knew she was going slow, but she also knew it wasn't a race, I was deeply moved and humbled watching her. Wow...what an example she is to me! It was explained to me along time ago that because of Danielle's disabilities, she already has a seat in Heaven, it's up to her dad and I to get there with her.

No comments: