Sunday, May 31, 2009

Time to Travel...

Well...it's done! With the help of my older daughter Raelyn, I got Danielle's plane ticket purchased for her trip to Maryland. She is going to spend a wonderful two weeks with her sister and brother in law. I am so jealous!!! But I know she will have a wonderful time. It's funny though, years ago, Danielle was flying to California, all by herself (I think she was about 5-6 yrs old) and now that she is 14 I am having a harder time with her going. I have to ask myself is it because her disabilities are more prominant now? Her judgement not so keen? No...I don't think so, I think a lot of it is me, learning to let go. Knowing that Danielle is going to be just fine without me. I want her to have that autonomy away from mom, I want her to have a life. This is the first step, at least for me, in letting go. Danielle is going to spread her wings and fly and she will be great.

One of the exciting things about her trip is that she and her sister Raelyn and Mitch will be going on a tour of the White House. How cool is that. I have to remember to get her a camera.

No comments: